Friday, March 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We're home! We got back home Thursday afternoon. Kaitlyn is doing really well. Spent the last two days off of bi-pap except to sleep. She is pretty tired. Still taking 2 1/2 to 3 hour naps in the day. This morning she decided 6AM was wakey, wakey time for MaMa!! I made her watch Dora until 7AM when I started her normal morning treatment. I know bad MaMa, but I really want...no need...for her to get back into her normal daily schedule!!!

Kaitlyn is tolerating her feeds pretty well, but she's not back to normal yet! When I feed her with her pump she does pretty well. Today I tried to bous her 30 mLs and she cried when she saw me coming with the syringe!?! I'm soo confused. Hopefully she'll start tolerating full feeds at regular concentration pretty soon.

Kaitlyn's left arm is pretty tender. It's the arm her surgeon had to make the cut downs in to place the peripheral PICC line that then blew!!! Hopefully her arm will feel better in a few more days, especially once the incisions heal fully!

3 comments:

Cass said...

Hooray! So glad to hear you're all home. Sending more get well wishes (and prayers) her way.

Anonymous said...

It is so great to read that you are home, Kaitlyn! You are still in my thoughts - and I'm sending lots of smiles and good wishes your way!

Sarah in Michigan

Devon said...

Hooray! YAY KAITLYN!!!!

I'm so glad you're better!